Thursday 19 July 2012

What's your Shooting Style?


Kat from kat eye studio has prompted us to explore our shooting style by answering a series of questions. In summary.....


My shooting style is comfortable and casual, like a well loved pair of boots that have been worn beyond their use. I don’t have any equipment other than my camera, a zoom lens and a 50mm treat. I only photograph in natural light, preferring either end of the day when the light is not as harsh. I like to think of myself as photographing on ‘location’ but really that just means I mostly shoot away from home. I tend to use my camera in aperture priority mode, simply because I like to control the depth of field. If not alone, I spend most of my precious photographic time with one dear friend who shares my passion for tea, cake and all things ‘photo’. We have been spending the past year day tripping around Sydney suburbs. See Cabramatta my most recent 'My Sydney' post. To special events, I take my camera along like a mute guest; it sits on a chair in the corner refusing all invitations to engage. I am equally happy to orchestrate still life pictures or sit in wait for inspiration. I am very comfortable with my style and shoot my favourite pictures when all these things are aligned.
Maxine xx






5 comments:

  1. You sound like a woman after my own heart Maxine! Your style sounds very relaxed and self contained; like you know your own mind and what you need to produce your best work in your own unique style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you equate your style to a well-worn in and comfortable set of boots - relaxed and available. There is a gentle confidence and awareness that comes out in your description. You know what you want and need, and you listen to your heart to follow your inspiration. That's what I read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great that the boots represents what you need in photography, I LOVE THAT REALY, it is so good when you can listen to your deeper voice what tells you more about your self, wonderful post and photo, I like it both very much. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these boots, they look very well worn! Nice idea for planting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Flash.. ah ah saviour of the universe", LOL!!! Somehow I think you'll learn some of the skills of flash photography over the next few weeks, but still prefer the familiar 'natural light' boots that are comfortable and well-loved! Great analogy Max! :)

    ReplyDelete